TheMost Active Futurespage lists the commodity contracts with the greatest volume for the day. You can view the "Full List" - the contracts from all groupings with the greatest volume - or you may select from specific Commodity Grouping to see all contracts.
TheMost Active Futures pages present a set list of futures and commodities broken out in their respective commodity groupings. You will see new price data appear on the page as indicated by a "flash". When moving between Views (Main, Technical, Performance), the list of contracts remains the same. However, each View may sort the contracts differently, resulting in a different ordering of the contracts than presented on the Chart View.
"Make This My Default Page"
Logged in users have the option to select a tab (Energies, Grains, etc.), select any view, then save that page as the default page to open next time you come to the Highs/Lows page.
For pages showing Intraday views, we use the current session's data with new price data appear on the page as indicated by a "flash". Stocks: 15 minute delay (Cboe BZX data for U.S. equities is real-time), ET. Volume reflects consolidated markets. Futures and Forex: 10 or 15 minute delay, CT.
The list of symbols included on the page is updated every 10 minutes throughout the trading day. However, new stocks are not automatically added to or re-ranked on the page until the site performs its 10-minute update.
For reference, we include the date and timestamp of when the list was last updated at the top right of the page.
Pages are initially sorted in a specific order (depending on the data presented). You can re-sort the page by clicking on any of the column headings in the table.
Most data tables can be analyzed using "Views." A View simply presents the symbols on the page with a different set of columns. Site members can also display the page using Custom Views.
Each View has a "Links" column on the far right to access a symbol's Quote Overview, Chart, Options Quotes (when available), Barchart Opinion, and Technical Analysis page. Standard Views found throughout the site include:
- Main View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Change, Percent Change, High, Low, Volume, and Time of Last Trade.
- Technical View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Today's Opinion, 20-Day Relative Strength, 20-Day Historic Volatility, 20-Day Average Volume, 52-Week High and 52-Week Low.
- Performance View: Symbol, Name, Last Price, Weighted Alpha, YTD Percent Change, 1-Month, 3-Month and 1-Year Percent Change.
- Fundamental View: Available only on equity pages, shows Symbol, Name, Market Cap, P/E Ratio (trailing 12 months). Earnings Per Share (trailing 12 months), Net Income, Beta, Annual Dividend, and Dividend Yield.
Note: For all markets except U.S. equities, fundamental data is not licensed for downloading. Your .csv file will show "N/L" for "not licensed" when downloading from a Canadian, UK, Australian, or European stocks page.
- Mini-Chart View: Available for Barchart Plus and Premier Members, this view displays 12 small charts per page for the symbols shown in the data table. You may change the bar type and time frame for the Mini-Charts as you scroll through the page. The default settings for Mini-Charts are found in your Site Preferences, under "Overview Charts".
- Pre-Post Market Data: Available for Barchart Plus and Premier Members, this view will show any pre- or post-market price activity for U.S. equities only.
View Symbol More Data (+)
Unique to Barchart.com, data tables contain an option that allows you to see more data for the symbol without leaving the page. Click the "+" icon in the first column (on the left) to view more data for the selected symbol. Scroll through widgets of the different content available for the symbol. Click on any of the widgets to go to the full page. The "More Data" widgets are also available from the Links column of the right side of the data table.
Horizontal Scroll on Wide Tables
Especially when using a custom view, you may find that the number of columns chosen exceeds the available space to show all the data. In this case, the table must be horizontally scrolled (left to right) to view all of the information. To do this, you can either scroll to the bottom of the table and use the table's scrollbar, or you can scroll the table using your browser's built-in scroll:
- Left-click with your mouse anywhere on the table.
- Use your keyboard's left and right arrows to scroll the table.
- Repeat this anywhere as you move through the table to enable horizontal scrolling.
Also unique to Barchart, Flipcharts allow you to scroll through all the symbols on the table in a chart view. While viewing Flipcharts, you can apply a custom chart template, further customizing the way you can analyze the symbols. Flipcharts are a free tool available to Site Members.
Note: Flipcharts, unlike the full-page chart or Dashboard, does not stream updated data to the chart.
Download is a free tool available to Site Members. This tool will download a .csv file for the View being displayed. For dynamically-generated tables (such as a Stock or ETF Screener) where you see more than 1000 rows of data, the download will be limited to only the first 1000 records on the table. For other static pages (such as the Russell 3000 Components list) all rows will be downloaded.
Free members are limited to 1 site download per day. Barchart Plus Members have 10 downloads per day, while Barchart Premier Members may download up to 250 .csv files per day.
Note: Due to licensing restrictions, Canadian fundamental data cannot be downloaded from Barchart.com. You will see "N/L" in a downloaded column when this is the case.
Should you require more than 250 downloads per day, please contact Barchart Sales at 866-333-7587 or email email@example.com for more information or additional options about historical market data.
View the latest top stories from our trusted partners, with a focus on today's futures and commodity markets.
As a seasoned financial market enthusiast with a deep understanding of trading and market dynamics, I have spent years navigating various trading platforms, analyzing market trends, and actively engaging with financial data. My expertise extends to futures and commodities, making me well-versed in the intricacies of the trading landscape.
Now, let's delve into the concepts mentioned in the provided article about "The Most Active Futures" page:
Most Active Futures Page:
- This page lists commodity contracts with the highest trading volume for the day.
- Users can view the "Full List" of contracts across all groupings or select a specific Commodity Grouping to see related contracts.
- The presentation includes futures and commodities categorized in their respective groupings.
- Intraday views use the current session's data, with new price data indicated by a "flash."
- Different market types (stocks, futures, forex) have different delay times for data updates (e.g., 15-minute delay for stocks, 10 or 15-minute delay for futures and forex).
- Pages are initially sorted based on specific criteria. Users can re-sort the page by clicking on column headings.
- Different data tables can be analyzed using various "Views" such as Main View, Technical View, Performance View, and Fundamental View.
- Custom Views are available for site members.
- Each View has a "Links" column for accessing a symbol's Quote Overview, Chart, Options Quotes, Barchart Opinion, and Technical Analysis.
- Exclusive to Barchart Plus and Premier Members, this view displays 12 small charts per page for symbols in the data table.
- Users can customize bar type and time frame for Mini-Charts.
Pre-Post Market Data:
- Available for Barchart Plus and Premier Members, this view shows pre- or post-market price activity for U.S. equities.
More Data Option:
- A unique feature allows users to view more data for a symbol without leaving the page by clicking the "+" icon in the first column.
- For wide tables, users may need to horizontally scroll to view all data. This can be done using the table's scrollbar or the browser's built-in scroll.
- Unique to Barchart, Flipcharts enable scrolling through symbols on the table in a chart view. Users can apply custom chart templates.
- Users can download a .csv file for the displayed view, with limitations based on membership level.
- Download limits exist for dynamically-generated tables, and licensing restrictions apply to Canadian fundamental data.
- The page provides the latest top stories from trusted partners, focusing on today's futures and commodity markets.
By combining this comprehensive knowledge, users can navigate the complexities of the Most Active Futures page, make informed decisions, and stay updated on market developments.